Thanksgiving 2013 was a huge success! Because you can’t sample the all the delicious food we ate yesterday, I decided share a taste of our Thanksgiving in 10 photos.
1. The boys had a very stressful morning keeping themselves out of the kitchen. After an exhausting trip to the park, I caught Kirk and Beck refueling with Popsicles (I didn’t know that was a proper noun).
2. Meet R.J. While at the park, Daniel and Kirk found this little dude who made quick friends with Charlie (our dog). After some play time, R.J.’s ten year old sister was tired of watching him so she pawned him off. Looked like he was on cloud nine hanging with his new friends! Don’t worry, his sister came back to get him … eventually.
3. As the boys played around, the girls were getting busy. Lauren named our bird Jimmy then lathered him up with butter and struck a pose.
4. I followed suit and wished jimmy a juicy afterlife.
5. Look, Daniel put out two cigarettes on my stomach! Just kidding. It’s just boiling water, until it hits your skin …. and then it’s boiling skin. Whoops! I was poking the potatoes to see if they were “fork tender” and accidentally flicked water on my belly. Might as well have been cooking topless since my shirt clearly did nothing to protect my skin. Guess I’m fortunate it was water and not oil!
6. While I was finishing the potatoes, Daniel had carving duty. You’ll never guess what he found … the plastic bag full of giblets! Hahahaha!! Despite being elbow deep and under the skin of our friend jimmy the turkey, I never found the giblets. I don’t think I’ll make that mistake again, but it was pretty funny! Good to know it doesn’t melt in a 500 degree oven; let’s just hope the plastic packaging was BPA free
7. The spread. Turkey, cranberry sauce, pumpkin bread, last-minute gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, baked beans, green bean casserole, stuffing, fruit salad, dinner rolls … beer & wine. Almost perfect! If only we had more beans.
8. The stuffing was just too pretty not to include. Plus I just love my granddad’s old bake ware.
9. Daniel is wearing my “flea collar” on his head. It’s actually a mosquito repelling wristband that suckered me into buying it in the check out line earlier that afternoon. Thought I’d give it a try – I have to say, it had a pretty strong scent – it even repelled me! I took it off because I was about to pass out from the strong citronella smell. Next thing I know, it’s on this Daniel head. Naturally. I think the chemicals went to his brain. That or the beer. Either way, we are now two-time catch phrase losers against Kirk and Lauren. We also played BS where the four of us honed in on our lying skills. What does it say about me that I am good at this game? Wait, don’t answer that.
10. Apple Pie!!! Duh.
Hope your bellies and hearts were as full as ours this Thanksgiving!!